Monday, September 7, 2015

The Perfect Party - Part 1

"Girls! I'm going to set up for the party!", yelled Maryellen, as she walked out the house. It was Labor Day, and the dolls were having a pool party to celebrate! They didn't have to work at the diner
or do school, so this was going to be fun!

"Hey, Maryellen. I don't want to have to tell you this, but you can't have the pool party today.", I said.

"Why, Mom? We don't have to work or do school.". Maryellen looked confused. I guess she didn't know that it was storming outside.

"Take a look and see."
"Oh no!", she cried. "I don't understand! It wasn't raining earlier." Maryellen ran back to the house to tell her sisters the bad news.

"Girls, girls! I have some terrible news. Our pool party is canceled. It's raining cats and dogs!"

"But I've been waiting for the last 2 months for this party!", said Millie with a frown.

All the dolls began to wail. They were very upset.

Grace was downstairs baking. She was startled by the noise and went to see what had happened.

"Hey, everyone. What's wrong?"

Lanie turned to look at Grace. "We can't have our Labor Day pool party because of the weather!", she cried. 

Grace began to think. She was very smart and always came up with good ideas to solve a problem. 
"Well, we can't go outside, but we can have a party inside. Let's do a..."


What party do you think the girls are going to have? Stay tuned for Part 2!



-American Girl Doll Crafter


3 comments:

Thanks for commenting! Comments make my day a doll day! :)