Friday, July 31, 2015

Craft- How to make a Doll Icing Bag

Hello! It's Grace.

Today, Mom made me an icing bag so I could icing my treats! If you want to make one, just follow the recipe below.

Ingredients:

  • A small clear plastic bag
  • 2 cotton balls
  • 1 tiny rubber band (Rainbow loom works)
  • Scissors
  • Ruler



1. Cut out your icing bag. It should measure 3 inches tall and 3 inches long.

2. Take your first cotton ball. Pull it out until it has a point. Stuff the cotton ball in the bag.
3. Get your next cotton ball and pull on it so it's about to fall apart. (This will make it easier to fit in the bag.) Stuff it in your bag on top of the first cotton ball.
4. Gather the ends of your icing bag and secure it with a rubber band. Trim off the ends if they're too 
long. 

Don't you just love it? It's very handy for decorating desserts. If you want to make colorful icing, just color the cotton balls before you put them in the bag. I hope you enjoyed this craft! And now, mom would like to say something.

Thank you, Grace. Hi everyone! If you want to make an icing bag for yourself, all you have to do is cut the zipper off a big clear bag, stuff it with toilet paper or tissue paper, (For a more realistic look, try stuffing) and fasten a rubber band around the top. Then you and your doll can frost treats together! Have fun!

-American Girl Doll Crafter and Grace

P.S. Tomorrow is the first day of August! It will be an exciting month; I'll be starting school, There will be a new photo of the month, a giveaway, and another secret surprise! Hint: Hmmm... Did AG say something new was coming this fall, perhaps on August 27th? :)














2 comments:

  1. I love that icing bag!! It is so cute!!! I can't wait to see what the giveaway is!!! I think I know what AG said was August 27th but I will not tell:)-AgMusician

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agducklover and I made icing bags they were fun to make and really cute!!! -AgMusician

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Comments make my day a doll day! :)